You Can Make a Difference in Your Community
community who could use help addressing simple necessities. Check into these resources to
find ways you can give a hand up to those less fortunate, or point people toward practical
By making a donation, volunteering, sharing your story, or helping to get the word out on
Help Me Give Back, you can help make a difference around the world through education
A roof overhead is a big part of the American dream. Yet there are people everywhere who
struggle to meet this basic human need.
- Most people are forced into homelessness by various issues, such as unemployment or addiction.
- Consider volunteering with organizations that build houses for homeless people.
Having enough food to fill our bellies is something many of us take for granted. But some lack
the means for daily sustenance.
- People go hungry due to problems like poverty and job instability.
- You can donate food, money, or time at a local church or food pantry.
- Getting involved with a community garden is another way to help.
Health care is an essential part of quality of life, yet many people must do without.
- Over half of Americans do without some form of health need due to lack of affordability.
- You can point someone in need toward a free medical clinic.
- Those with pets can get help as well.
How to Determine What Non-Profit Is Right For You
If you decide to start your own non-profit, how do you know if it’s a good fit or if it’s the right path
for your idea? Here are some great resources to get you started.
- Here is an amazing checklist for narrowing down your career field for a non-profit organization.
- Learn how much it costs to start a non-profit organization.
- To help you navigate the business side of the non-profit, you may want to consider
- taking online courses that specialize in business administration.
There are countless ways to make a difference in your community. Use these resources as a
starting point to help improve the lives of those in need.